So it's been 12 days now since I've posted. My bad. Lots has happened in 12 days! And by the way, I actually posted that last entry on the 4th. Not the 5th. Being a stay-at-home mom has taken a toll on my brain. I'll be glad to get back to school! Anyways, in the past 12 days I have:
1. Traveled to and home from Minnesota with little Aden. We went the 6,7,8 and returned the 9th. It was good to see my grandma and aunt and uncle. The trip was kind of a downer though, we visited my grandpa's grave and a lot of other people's graves.. most of whom I didn't know. It was in the 40's and 50's in Minnesota the entire time we were there! What a bummer! I never thought I'd want to go back to Ohio for it's weather!!! The day we went to the cemetery it was cold, windy, and rainy. Aden only had two hoodies! The first night there we all went to chile's.... I had good food! except I threw all of it up in the parking lot. Darn quesadillas! Being sick is NOT an option while traveling with a small child. I felt terrible that whole night but never threw up again. I kind of have a tendency to eat as much as I can in a short period of time... I should stop that probably. We drove past the Mall of America... It doesn't look as big as it used to. Probably because I was 7 last time I went! My dad and I drove around to where he lived when he was little. It was fascinating! I looked at LOTS of old pictures of my grandparents, great grandparents, great GREAT grandparents and of course my dad. He was a little scientist. The way back we had a longer lay over than expected but hey, at least we got home. On the way there the dumb security man said "you know, you're only supposed to have as many bottles as he'll eat on the flight". I had 6 bottles. We had a layover. What would I have done if it was longer than expected?! Jerk! I shoulda told him off!
2. I introduced Aden to his jumperoo! He LOVES it. I don't know why I didn't think of it earlier! He hops and smiles and is amazed by the lights. I also introduced him to his exersaucer. That one is a little big still and he just slumps over like he is tired. He likes the toys though! He has got some strong little legs! Maybe he'll be a runner like his dad! I'm hoping he doesn't take after me and at least has SOME athletic ability. I'm also hoping he'll emerge from the 10th percentile in height.
3. Took time off for myself and went to a pool party with Ryan! We brought Aden during the day (It was Ryan's best friend Ryan's graduation party. I know. Too many Ryan's) and they even had a little baby pool for him. Aden was more into being social than he was into the pool. We made a last minute decision to leave Aden with Grandma Angie from 7-11 so that I could get a break. Aden has been extra difficult lately and always wanting attention/entertainment. I figured I deserved a break. especially after that trip to Minnesota. I even wore a two piece! No, it wasn't at all flattering but HEY! I'm proud of every mark and curve that my little boy gave me! I'm a mom. Get over it :) It was so nice actually acting my age for the first time in a LONG time. Being social was nice too.
4. Moved chubbo Aden into size 2 diapers, 6-9 month onesies and 6 month sleepers. Thats twice his age! Onesies run kind of small though! And he is too long for the sleep n' plays. Yes, TOO LONG! WOOOO growth spurt! I haven't moved him into 6 month shorts/pants/outfits yet because he pretty much fits in those. It's getting harder by the day to squeeze that little diapered tooshy into those shorts though. I've decided that there will be no more clothes buying on my part. He doesn't need to wear outfits. He can wear onesies everyday. It IS fun to put him in those micro-mini t-shirts though :) So yes, this is my decision. To only buy the necessities. He will only wear these clothes for a matter of months!
5. ADEN HAS STARTED TO SLEEP IN HIS CRIB. One night daddy put him in there... I was dead tired because yes, I have been sick... and he slept until 3:00 a.m! He won't sleep the whole night through yet, usually just 9 or 10 to 3. Last night was such an improvement. He slept 9:30 to 12 in his crib and woke up just to eat, not to snuggle. I put him in his crib after he was fed and he slept until 3. THEN he wanted to snuggle. I don't mind at all though. He's my snuggle bug! I'm sure I won't be saying this when he is 7 and wanting to sleep with me so I'm trying to break the habit. He has done this all on his own though! No crying needed! After I get over this being sick business, because YES I'M STILL SICK, I will try harder to keep him in there. I just need the sleep now!
6.I have started to semi-workoutish. After the whole seeing my body in a two-piece, even though I am proud of my marks and curves, I wouldn't be upset if they just... went away :). I'm only 105 pounds (104 on a good day) but there is still a lot of business that I wish wasn't there (my overhang in the front). Anyone who knows me knows that I DO NOT WORKOUT. I always try, but after a week I just stop. It's no fun! Plus now, who has time to go to the gym/put in a tape and do pilates or yoga or cardio party. Aden has been super fussy and he seems to love to watch people move around. So I turn on my music (Usually salt n peppa "Push It" or possibly "I like to move it" and even "It's Tearin up my Heart" by N'Sync) and just dance. This goes on for as long as 45 minutes. I don't just dance, I tear up the dance floor! I have to close the blinds though so the neighbors don't watch... they might be jealous ;) I want to have Ryan record me doing this because I am 104% sure that I look like a complete idiot. But hey, it makes Aden happy, and it makes me (hopefully) skinny!!! So yes, I like to move it move it. Someday you too will dance like an idiot to please your children. Just watch.
7. Aden started sucking his thumb. I see braces in the future.
This has been my life the past 12 days. This is so long I promise I will remember to post more frequently! Have a good night!