Friday, July 3, 2009


So once again I have failed in the "posting often" area. It takes me awhile to come up with so many witty comments :) 


We haven't had any more diapey days seeing as it has been 70 and windy-ish here in Columbus! I don't understand this weather! It is JULY people! Aden has worn PANTS the last two days. blah. 

Last Saturday we went to Ryan's Grandma's family reunion. You would not believe the number of family members Ryan has in Ohio. I'm pretty sure will be "Bring Your Own Food" if we plan on getting married... Don't worry though, we'll supply the water and Styrofoam cups!

Aden is growing by the minute. He has been eating 6-8 ounces of formula every 3 hours. It totals out to be a whopping 36- 48 ounces a day. I weighed him about 2 weeks ago and the scale said 13.5 pounds. I think it's more now. He fits very well into size 3 diapers. We have been trying cereal but now I'm scared of constipation! (OH a mother's worries!) He isn't sure about the texture of the cereal yet but he has really gotten a hang of the spoon!  I've read that a lot of times babies don't like textures of cereal and if that is the case, try something thinner, like an orange vegetable. Well, we tried squash and let me just say, it was an EPIC FAIL. I'm not sure if it was the over-tiredness, him being full, or the actual squash itself, but he took one bite and sobbed the whole time. That was enough to scare me off the stuff for another 2 months. But hey, every new mother tries things and fails at some point. Just another learning experience I suppose. Since the squash incident he has had one feeding of cereal and that's it. I think i'll just wait for his 4 month appointment (which was moved back ANOTHER week) on July 13. I'm not up for traumatizing Aden any more than I have to. 

So I know, you are asking "What are your plans for the 4th?"

Well, Ryan and I did have a babysitter for Red White & Boom tonight (the 3rd) but Ryan came down with the flu and so I am being pitiful and watching it on tv. He promised we'd go next year though! Tomorrow Aden and I are planning to go to Ryan's dad's house to watch fireworks. Ryan is staying at his dad's house to prevent Aden and I from getting the flu, lets just see if this works. So, tomorrow, if Ryan isn't feeling better, he is confined to his room. Poor guy. 

Yesterday was a horrid day. Aden usually wakes up at 6 a.m to eat and sleeps until 9 and then wakes up for about an hour to eat and play and then takes a morning nap (20-40 minutes), an afternoon nap (1-3 hours), and an evening nap (15-30 minutes) and falls asleep around 9, 9:30. Well! Yesterday he woke up at 7:00 a.m. and slept until 10:30 a.m. He would not eat. He would not sleep. He would not sit. He wanted to be carried, held, walked around, and jiggled ALL DAY. He took about two 20 minute naps. It got to the point where he was so tired he didn't know what to do with himself. He finally went to bed at 10:30 and slept until 6, when he started a normal (thank goodness) day today! 

Also, on Monday I got a "day off" thanks to my mom and went to the pool with my sister Lizzie! I figured since I rarely burn and I would only be there for a few hours, I wouldn't wear sunscreen. bad choice. I got red definitely. It only hurt the day after, which is the good news. Bad news, I have raccoon eyes. I also thought I should keep my big sunglasses on all day... oh dear. 

That's all folks! 

No comments:

Post a Comment