Can I just say that planned parenthood helped me out the most when I first found out I was pregnant? I was 18, had no idea what was going on, and literally thought everyone went there.
Here are some things you probably don't know:
1) Planned Parenthood offered abortion as a choice that someone could make but it was made clear that they do NOT tell you where you can go to have this done.
2) Planned Parenthood gave me my due date of March 27 on August 1st, 2008. I couldn't get into my doctor until September, when I was nearly 12 weeks along (which is common, but for a teen mom it was really best to know early)
3) A lady took me, alone, into her office, told me I was pregnant, and gave me about 20 pamphlets talking about free programs they have, free sonograms, and adoption. Not one was about abortion.
4) After I left, I kept in contact with the woman I talked to. She called me about once a month to check up on me and just talk. It was the most helpful thing I have ever had a stranger do for me. The last phone call I had was just before Aden's first birthday.
5) Not to mention the fact that they do free HIV screenings, free STD tests, birth control, and cancer screenings.
This is my experience with the Planned Parenthood in Columbus. It was fantastic.
SAVE PLANNED PARENTHOOD