Thursday, October 6, 2011

Drumming In The Chicken

Remember how hitting has become an issue with Aden? Well, we have been being more strict about hitting others and how it makes them feel and all, and I thought we were making progress. That is, until SOMEONE taught him how to "drum" on his lap (aka hit his lap). Now when I see him hitting things he says "LOOK mom! I'm drumming". Newsflash AJ: People do not drum on mirrors. Or people. Or dogs. If I have to get this kid a drum set to teach him that we only drum on drums, I might go crazy. We have tried drumsticks before... not surprisingly, mom was the one who got all the battlewounds. Never argue with a toddler and a drumstick. Especially one who makes this face:

The other day, I asked Aden where shuey was. Aden smiled and pointed and said "In the chicken!" Well, here's the problem. We don't have a chicken. I asked him again and he again said "the chicken". He then ran and got shuey... in the kitchen. At least I can actually see how he got chicken out of kitchen. Unlike super clean and shuey..

Poor bubba is sick. This is the very first time (besides that time when he was 6 months old and I took him to the doctor and he had a sore throat. THAT was a big deal.) he has been sick. He just has snot everywhere. I always said I would never be that mom who had the gross crusty kid. Guess what? I have a gross crusty kid. Do you know how hard it is to teach someone to blow his nose? I mean, the kid just learned how to suck from a straw a few weeks ago. Sucking and blowing are really not strong points of his (get your mind out of the gutter, it's a child). Since he was sick, I took today off work and spoiled him rotten..Jeni's ice cream included. I don't get many days like that, so today was really special.


Today I don't know what AJ was doing but he was taking all of my underwear o
ut of the basket and saying "oh for god's sake".. which is also a quote he uses watching football (thank you grandpa for that one). I think he has a thing for underwear. I told him he could wear underwear if he used the potty and he runs over, makes me take his pants off, goes and shakes his little member over the potty and screams "ALL DONE!" then asks to put on my underwear. Okay dude, you love football and dirt as well as nailpolish and lacy under-roo's. Some may say that's odd but I just say you're well rounded. You wear those hipster boyshorts AJ!

After Aden told me he pooped his pants and I realized I forgot the wipes. This is not staged. He had control of the picture button.


And since I'm having another "why can't I be with Aden all the time" whiny day, here is a note to my boy:

Aden, I wish I could give you the world. I wish I could spend every single moment of every single day with you and teach you everything you need to know. I wish I could be wiser and make less mistakes for you. I wish you didn't have to learn things at the same time I do. I hope you never have to grow up as fast as I did. I hope you watch your mom and realize how hard it is for me to leave you and go to work or school. I love you, I miss you. It will get better.
(Am I getting repetitive yet?)

No comments:

Post a Comment