Saturday, July 7, 2012

Conversations with Aden: July 2012 edition

I allow Aden to go to the bathroom alone. Is that weird? Not public ones, but when we are at home he just does his thing. Apparently i'm a little too trusting with him being in the bathroom alone.

This evening he went to the bathroom, as per usual. I hear a flush, again, normal. he comes and watches TV. Cool.

5 minutes later, he gets up, goes to the bathroom again, flushes, comes and watches TV. Odd. But okay. By the way, we are watching Elf. In July. Whatever.

3 minutes after the second trip, he goes to the bathroom and I hear a flush and some water running. Okay. Not normal. He comes out and I ask what he's doing in there. In the smallest voice he said "I just wanted to paint my nails.." Oh. My. God. AGAIN!? I go into the bathroom and luckily there is no nail polish on the floor or counter or towels this time. Apparently he had snuck a bottle out of my purse. and painted his nails.

Me: "WHY!? WHY AGAIN!?"
Aden: "I just really like you... I like you so much. I like your nails. I like you"

Good explanation. Time out still ensued.

                        _____________________________________

As Ryan was walking out the door, Aden came upstairs pants-less. I don't really know or question what those two do, but when either of them comes around pants-less, i can't help but question. Ryan obviously saw the puzzled look on my face and said "I tickled Aden so hard he peed his pants"... before I could ask any questions, he was out the door. So I asked Aden..

Me: "Did your daddy tickle you so hard you went potty in your pants!?"
Aden: "Yeah.."
Me: "That sounds pretty silly!"
Aden:  "NO! It was TERRIBLE!"

Oh. Okay. Well, thanks Ry for giving AJ PTSD.

1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    My wife Julie is the mother of 3 teen boys!
    Will you please post a link to your important Blog at The Motherhood Community at vorts? Our members will really appreciate it.
    Members include: Mothers, Mommies and Motherhood Experts.
    It's easy to do, just cut and paste the link and it automatically links back to your website. You can also add Articles, News, Photos, and Videos if you like.
    Email me if you need any help or would like me to do it for you. I hope you consider sharing with us.
    Please feel free to share as often and as much as you like.
    The Motherhood Community: http://www.vorts.com/motherhood/
    Thanks,
    James Kaufman, Editor

    ReplyDelete